LHT 2013 Alumni Membership Drive - Click to Join Now!
Encouraging, Developing, and Supporting Community Leaders in the Historic Triangle
Leadership Historic Triangle
Sponsored by the Greater Williamsburg Chamber & Tourism Alliance, LEAD Historic Triangle's mission is to encourage, develop and support future community leaders. The LHT program provides the foundation necessary to develop effective leaders within the Community. By being exposed to various aspects of and leaders within the Historic Triangle, class members can enhance their leadership skills.
The LHT Board is proud to announce the new members of the LEAD Historic Triangle Class of 2013! Congratulations and Welcome!
Participation in LEAD Historic Triangle requires a serious commitment of time and energy. The program consists of:
- A welcome reception, orientation, and a two-day retreat to learn more about the program’s objectives, community issues, and to develop teamwork.
- Eight day-long sessions (one per month from October - May) addressing topics of community interest and concern, including:
History and Culture
Courts and Public Safety
Local Government and Mock City Council
General Assembly (Extra Session in January)
Health and Human Services
PK – 12 and Higher Education
Economic Development and Communication
Environment and Urbanization
- Some preparation prior to selected sessions.
- A class project that will require at least 30 additional hours outside regular class time.
- A final-day evaluation and graduation.
- Optional social events may be scheduled throughout the year.
Apply to LHT
Goals and Objectives
Board of Directors
Frequently Asked Questions
LHT In the News