Goal 1: Increase participants' community involvement and expand their leadership skills by educating them on regional issues.
Goal 2: Develop participants’ leadership skills by exposing them to community leaders and local resources.
Goal 3: Facilitate networks of contacts to assist participants in becoming effective community leaders.
Goal 4: Promote the importance of community involvement after completing the program and encourage class participants to be actively involved in the Historic Triangle community.
Goal 5: Implement outreach efforts to broaden and diversify the participant base and alumni participation.
Goal 6: Support seamless transitions that encourage continued program success.
· Bring together, from a cross section of the community, participants who are eager to expand their community involvement.
· Introduce the participants to key community leaders and organizations that address major issues.
· Establish, for the participants, a network of contacts helpful for becoming effective community leaders.
· Provide education, training and development in community and leadership skills.
· Provide participants with an enjoyable experience as they enhance their roles as leaders, gain personal and professional growth, and form lasting friendships.
· Foster an Alumni Association that enables participants to continue their involvement with the LEAD Historic Triangle.